5g European Projects
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Ericsson AB
- InterDigital Europe
- Telecom Italia
- Telcaria Ideas
- SICS Swedish ICT AB
- Azcom Technology
- Industrial Technology Research Institute Incorporated
- National Chiao Tung University
5G-CORAL aims at delivering a convergent 5G multi-RAT access through an integrated virtualised edge and fog solution that is flexible, scalable, and interoperable with other domains including transport (fronthaul, backhaul), core and clouds. The major objectives are:
- Develop a system model that includes use cases, requirements, architecture, and business models to design and validate the 5G-CORAL solution
- Design virtualised RAN functions, services, and applications for hosting in the 5G-CORAL Edge and Fog computing System (EFS)
- Design an Orchestration and Control system (OCS) for dynamic federation and optimised allocation of 5G-CORAL EFS resources
- Integrate and demonstrate 5G-CORAL technologies in large-scale testbeds making use of facilities offered by Taiwan, and measure their KPIs
- Disseminate and contribute 5G-CORAL results into international research and innovation venues to pave the way for their successful exploitation
5G-CORAL project will be validated in three testbeds (i) shopping mall in Taiwan, (ii) high-speed train in Taiwan, and (iii) connected cars in Taiwan and Italy.
The project 5G-CORAL will use 5TONIC as one of its main venues of prototyping and experimentation where we will test the integration of Fog, MEC and Cloud over an LTE network composed of OpenAirInterface LTE implementation.
Collaborate with us
If you are interested in collaborating with us please fill out the following form, and we will get in contact to provide you further information.