Check out our latest news
Apr 30, 2021
The testing and deployment of the project was carried out at 5TONIC’s facilities and is part of the European H2020 5G-EVE project.
Apr 13, 2021
5TONIC members Capgemini Engineering, Ericsson, Intel and Telefonica along with collaborator DeepSight AI Labs are responsible for this important milestone which offers an enhanced experience to end users and developers
- Emerging edge use cases such as connected cars, gaming, and safety & security are examples along with more traditional IoT use cases that benefit from these transformative applications based on real-time network conditions.
- This pioneering integration was undertaken at the 5TONIC lab facility in Madrid, Spain.
Mar 29, 2021
- The collaboration has been endorsed by 5TONIC members like Telefónica, Intel, Capgemini Engineering, and Ericsson.
- The 5TONIC lab will house the testing site for the new Smart Ambulance solution, providing technical and product support as required to ensure 5G connectivity.
Feb 24, 2021
- The collaboration will last until the end of 2023, with the possibility of renewal, within the framework of the H2020 EU 5G-INDUCE project.
- Thanks to 5TONIC, Fivecomm will develop, update with new features and test their 5G modem in the context of industrial use cases.
Feb 10, 2021
- The project has been tested with NVIDIA (GeForceNow), Google (STADIA) and Microsoft (XCLOUD)
- Tests have been completed at 5TONIC lab, using the 5G access network of Ericsson, interconnecting with the real Telefónica network
- The research concludes that the 5G development will maximize stability in the transmission of the game, which requires high capacity and ultra-low latencies, thus optimizing the user experience
Feb 03, 2021
The Hexa-X consortium has 25 partners, including 5TONIC members Telefónica, Universidad Carlos III Madrid and Ericsson
The project will have 30 months duration and a budget of almost 12 million € and will be a completely new ecosystem to connect human, physical, and digital worlds through mobile communications
5TONIC will cooperate with the definition of the next generation of mobile communications beyond 5G and seeking for 6G key enablers
Dec 14, 2020
- End-to-end 5G standalone (SA) solution by Ericsson activated at 5TONIC 5G Open Innovation Lab and already in use for technical and business validation of different industry applications.
- The deployment involves Ericsson’s Radio Access Network (RAN) and Core solutions for 5G NR standalone, integrated in 5TONIC laboratory premises at IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid.
- INNOVALIA, YBVR and ASTI are the first verticals to validate their solutions over the laboratory 5G SA deployment, in cooperation with Telefónica and UC3M.
- The new 5TONIC 5G SA core network is the first of its kind ready to support the innovation in industrial use cases deployed at an open European laboratory.
Dec 04, 2020
- The open 5G research and innovation laboratory founded by Telefónica and IMDEA Networks, 5TONIC, has signed a collaboration agreement with DeepSight AI Labs Pvt Ltd, a company specialized in Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning, through which they will develop a 5G-based security system.
Oct 15, 2020
- Throughout these 5 years, the laboratory has participated in more than 25 projects and collaborated with more than 50 companies, making it one of the most advanced 5G laboratories in Europe.
- 5TONIC participates in the three major projects funded by the EU to create pan-European 5G test infrastructures under the ICT-17 Call 5G End to End Facility: 5G EVE, 5G VINNI and 5Genesis; as well as in many other European projects.
May 27, 2020
- The open 5G research and innovation laboratory founded by Telefónica and IMDEA Networks, 5TONIC, has signed a collaboration agreement with Telcaria, an innovative tech company specialized in services based in Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) technologies, both in the 5G network environment and in the virtualization of network services.
Mar 03, 2020
- On March 2nd, 5TONIC, the open research and innovation laboratory on 5G technologies, founded by Telefónica and IMDEA Networks, collaborated, together with the Carlos III University of Madrid, in the conference ‘Conference on Advanced Systems for Emergency Systems. The technology that is coming’, organized by General Directorate of Emergencies and Civil Protection, which belongs to Madrid City Council. The conference was held in the Auditorium Caja de Música of the Palacio de Cibeles in Madrid.
Feb 25, 2020
- Altran, the global leader in engineering and R&D services, and 5TONIC, an open research and innovation laboratory of which Altran is a member, are collaborating on 5G mobile projects to improve the reliability and performance of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), the organizations announced today.
Feb 12, 2020
- Supported by a consortium of 18 industry-leading companies, the nearly three-year project 5G TRANSFORMER is part of the Horizon 2020 European Union Research and Innovation programme. The project is aimed at transforming the currently rigid mobile transport networks into a 5G dynamic system able to offer network slices tailored to the specific needs of various vertical industries.
Jan 29, 2020
- 5TONIC participated in the first Mobile Talks organized by ESIC Business & Marketing School, titled «New opportunities arising from 5G.» At the conference it was highlighted how 5G networks will allow the emergence of new services and solutions that will benefit the economy and society as a whole.
Collaborate with us
If you are interested in collaborating with us please fill out the following form, and we will get in contact to provide you further information.