5g European Projects
- Politecnico di Torino
5G-Transformer aims to transform today’s mobile transport network into an SDN/NFV-based Mobile Transport and Computing Platform (MTP), which brings the “Network Slicing” paradigm into mobile transport networks by provisioning and managing MTP slices tailored to the specific needs of vertical industries. The technical approach is twofold:
- Enable vertical industries to meet their service requirements within customised MTP slices; and
- Aggregate and federate transport networking and computing fabric, from the edge all the way to the core and cloud, to create and manage MTP slices throughout a federated virtualized infrastructure.
The goal of 5G-Transformer is to design, implement and demonstrate a 5G platform that addresses the aforementioned challenges.
The project will demonstrate several vertical industry use cases:
- Automotive: Autonomous Cruise Control (ACC) enforcement application, Collaborative Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) application and Remote Vehicle Interaction (RVI) application.
- eHealth: Improvement of the municipal emergency communication network and development of a new technological solution for health workers and volunteers.
- Media & Entertainment: Media applications for stadia and the Olympic Games.
The project aims at using the 5TONIC testbed as one of the main venues for demonstration purposes.
Collaborate with us
If you are interested in collaborating with us please fill out the following form, and we will get in contact to provide you further information.