5g European Projects
5G-enabled Growth in Vertical Industries
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Cordinator) (Spain)
- Telecom Italia SPA (Italy)
- Ericsson Telecomunicazioni SPA (Italy)
- Centre Tecnologic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (Spain)
- NEC Laboratories Europe GMBH (Germany)
- Efacec Energia – Maquinas e Equipamentos Electricos SA (Portugal)
- Mirantis Poland Spolka Z ograniczona Odpowiedzialnoscia (Poland)
- Telcaria Ideas SL (Spain); Nextworks (Italy)
- Instituto de Telecomunicacoes (Portugal)
- Ethniko Kai Kapodistriako Panepistimo Athinon (Greece)
- Scuola Superiore di Studi Universitati e di Perfezionamento Sant’Anna (Italy)
- Telefonica Investigación y Desarrollo SA (Spain)
- Altice Labs SA (Portugal)
- Ericsson España SA (Spain)
- Politecnico di Torino (Italy)
- Interdigital Germany GMBH (Germany)
- Asti Mobile Robotics SA (Spain)
- Comau SPA (Italy)
- Asociación de Empresas Tecnológicas Innovalia (Spain)
- Nokia Bell (Belgium)
- Interdigital Europe LTD (United Kingdom)
- Efacec Engenharia e Sistemas SA (Portugal)
5G-EVE will create an end to end facility that will provide the means for experimenting with:
The vision of the 5Growth project is to empower verticals industries such as Industry 4.0, Transportation, and Energy with an AI-driven Automated and Sharable 5G End-to-End Solution that will allow these industries to achieve simultaneously their respective key performance targets. Towards this vision, 5Growth will automate the process for supporting diverse industry verticals through
- a vertical portal in charge of interfacing verticals with the 5G End-to-End platforms, receiving their service requests and building the respective network slices on top
- closed-loop automation and SLA control for vertical services lifecycle management
- AI-driven end-to-end network solutions to jointly optimize Access, Transport, Core and Cloud, Edge and Fog resources, across multiple technologies and domains.
The main objective of 5Growth is the technical and business validation of 5G technologies from the verticals’ points of view, following a field-trial-based approach on vertical sites (TRL 6-7). Multiple use cases of vertical industries (Comau, Efacec_S, Efacec_E, Innovalia) will be field-trialed on four vertical-owned sites in close collaboration with the vendors (Ericsson, Interdigital, NEC, Nokia) and the operators (Altice, Telecom Italia, Telefonica) in the project. 5Growth will leverage on the results of 5G-PPP Phase 2 projects where slicing, virtualization and multi-domain solutions for the creation and provisioning of vertical services are being developed and validated, e.g. 5G-TRANSFORMER and 5G-MONARCH. Two ICT-17-2018 5G End-to-End platforms, 5G EVE and 5G-VINNI, have been selected for the Trials to demonstrate the 5Growth specific vertical use cases. In addition to the impact on vertical-oriented standards (e.g., EN50126 (IEC62278) for railway signaling), the verticals in the consortium will be offered an opportunity to influence ongoing 5G standardization by leveraging the involvement of leading experts in the various relevant SDOs.
5TONIC involvement: As one of the core sites of the project, 5TONIC will leverage our existing and upcoming resources to give access to vertical experimenters to the last products and services of 5G networks. This will be boosted by the members of 5TONIC participating in the project: Ericsson, Telefonica, InterDigital and Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, and by collaborators like ASTI, Nokia and Innovalia.
Collaborate with us
If you are interested in collaborating with us please fill out the following form, and we will get in contact to provide you further information.